Earlier this week I wrote about being inspired by a bulletin board at my school and the resulting desire to make something in red and zebra print.  Here is the work in progress of the result of that inspiration:

I’m really digging how this is turning out.  🙂  The top is done (that’s a top, not a dress) with the exception of the button which I still need to sew on.  All I have left to do is the pants which will be made of the zebra print.  I really want to add a ruffle to the bottom of the pants legs but the pattern doesn’t call for it so I’m off to search around teh internets for a tutorial.

I ordered some zebra print grosgrain ribbon that I plan to make into a hairbow or two (right now Aidan’s really into 2 piggy tails, not just one).  I’ll probably do a contrasting red ribbon in the center so it all matches.

Hopefully I will be able to get the pants done today so we can have a little fashion show for you tonight and I can post pictures of my little supermodel.  😉

PS.  If anyone is wondering why I’m sewing and posting in the middle of the workday, I have the crud.  I started coming down with it on Tuesday, felt pretty bad on Wednesday but toughed it out and then on Thursday I had to leave early because I felt so utterly crappy.  I feel equally as crappy today but there’s only so much sitting on the couch one person can do so I’m sewing.  I must say, it’s so nice to be able to sew all day with no interuptions but the ones I create for myself!