Found this little meme here. I like it so I thought I’d play along.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? Hmm…almost 7 years. We met online in February 2001, met in person April 2001, got engaged March 2003 and got married November 2003.
2. Who eats more? Me – I’m embarrassed to admit this, but it’s probably not hard to guess by looking at us.
3. Who said I love you first? I think he did…I remember him saying it as clear as if it happened yesterday.
4. Who is taller? Ryan, by almost a foot.
6. Who does laundry? I do the laundry, but Ryan has to wash his ACUs. There are all sorts of rules about detergents, doing all the velcro, turning it wrongside out, etc so that, coupled with the fact that they’re usually smelly and/or sweaty, he washes them.
7. Who does dishes? Me unless he’s home and I cooked. That’s our agreement, I cook, he cleans. He cooks, I clean.
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? As you’re looking at it? Ryan. If we’re in it, me.
9. Who pays the bills? Me. It’s an Army Wife thing.
10. Who mows the lawn? Uh, the maintenance guys? We live on post, that stuff is taken care of for us. If we had our own yard, Ryan would do it unless he got deployed, then I’d probably pay some kid to do it.
11. Who cooks dinner? Usually me.
12. Who drives when you are together? Ryan does unless we’re going back home to Texas, then we take turns.
13. Who is more stubborn? Well, I would say Ryan, but he would probably say me 🙂
14. Who is the first to admit they are wrong? Usually me, but sometimes Ryan.
15. Whose parents do you see most often? We see both my parents and his grandmother fairly equally because they’re both in Houston. We see his mother a lot less often because she lives in Colorado.
16. Who kissed who first? Ryan kissed me but he’d probably say I kissed him. It was probably mutual but I can’t really remember.
17. Who proposed? Ryan and everyone knew but me.
18. Who is more sensitive? Hmm…he is but doesn’t show it all that much. I’m less sensitive but react more openly so if you didn’t know us, you’d think I were the more sensitive one.
19. Who has more friends? It’s about even.
20. Who has more siblings? Ryan, he has 3 sibs, I only have 1.
21. Who wears the pants? Hard question for an Army family. I’ve been running things for over a year so I would say me right now. I know he’ll want to take them back when he gets home but I’m sure I’ll get very territorial.
Anyone else wanna play? It was a lot of fun to get introspective about our relationship!