Hilary over at Wee Wonderfuls was cleaning out her basement last week and offered to send a bit of basement to a few lucky commenters. I was one of them! Let me tell you, if this is what she was getting rid of, I’d love to see what she kept! She sent some great vintage goodies!
Fabric, patterns, thread, cool measuring clips, trim, crochet book, ads, dolls, buttons and an adorable little cow.
Thanks, Hilary! I can’t wait to play with all these fun new old things. 🙂
I’ve been on a bit of a fabric binge lately. The online fabric stores have been having some great sales!
Just a little sample…
Freshcut Dotted Paisley Aqua $6.38/yd
Aviary Rose Damask Chocolate $6.68/yd
Michael Miller Limeade Lacey Paisley $7.90/yd
Anna Griffin “Elsie” Blue Lemons $4.25/yd
Pique Bees Blue Cotton Fabric $6.99/yd
Amy Butler Anna Tunic Pattern $12.95 (The lowest price I found on the internet! If you want this pattern, definitely checkout http://www.fatquartershop.com)
I love to support Texas companies. J.Caroline is based out of Houston (H-Town, Represent Yo!) and Fat Quarter Shop is out of Manchaca, Texas (which is just south of Austin on the way to San Antonio on I-35). Although, now that we live in Georgia, I guess I need to start supporting the GA companies now…Fabric.com is based out of Atlanta.
Now if I could only get motivated to sew! 😉
I didn’t do as well on my weight loss this week…I guess I hit the wall like they talk about on Biggest Loser…good sized losses for a couple of weeks and then a very small loss (the chili dog last night probably didn’t help). I weighed myself this morning and only lost 1 pound (.6%) for a total of 9 pounds lost in all (5.14%)
I’ve been feeling swollen, particularly in my hands and feet so maybe I’m retaining water. I’m going to drink a good bit of water with lemon for a couple of days and then reweigh on Saturday and see what happens.
Starting Weight: 175
Week 1: 170
Week 2: 167
Week 3: 166
Goal weight by 2/3: 157.5
I’m not totally sure if I’m going to make my goal by 2/3. I have 8.5 pounds left to lose in 10 days…a little less than a pound a day.
1. What do you need? More hours in the day. By the time I get out of school, get Aidan picked up, fed, bathed and into bed I feel like I have hardly any time left for myself. Then I feel like I have to decide whether or not to sacrifice sleep for doing things I enjoy in the evenings. Lately sleep has been winning because my energy level has been so low. This is why I haven’t made a single thing since before Christmas.
2. What won’t you share? My Amy’s Kitchen Organic Pizzas. I know, it’s childish and immature but I love them, they’re a tad on the expensive side and I don’t get them often. I usually wait until Aidan’s in bed before making one, otherwise I’d have to give her a bite or (!) even a whole piece. Luckily, Ryan doesn’t like them much so when he’s home, he leaves them alone.
3. What do you hurry through? My homework. Truth be told, I am dang freakin’ tired of school. I’m fairly irritated at all these “reflections” I have to write…7 of them a week! Just let me get on with it and teach already!
4. Who is worth waiting for? Why My Sweet Ryan, of course. I feel like I’ve been waiting for him forever. Waiting for him to finish law school, waiting for him to finish Basic & AIT, waiting for him to come home from the NTC, and now, waiting for him to come home from Iraq. Ah well, he’s worth it…wherever he goes, I go.
5. I can’t bear to ________. I cannot bear to change lipsticks. I tend to find a shade and stick with it…for a very long time. I wore the same shade from my junior year in high school until my first year of grad school…right about 7 years (Estee’ Lauder Maplesugar). My roommate convinced me that it was time for a change so I changed over to another Estee’ Lauder color (the name has slipped my mind) but it turned out to be a limited edition (that made me crazy). So, I went back to Maplesugar, which I wore for until shortly after Aidan was born (from 2001 to 2005). I changed over to a Mary Kay shade not too long after Aidan was born which I wore until last year when I changed over to a Chanel shade. It takes me forever to find one I like. I don’t like them to have a scent (which is why I don’t wear grocery store lipstick) and it has to be the perfect shade of brownish red. There’s not much I’m picky about but for some odd reason, lipstick is it.
Wow…what a long treatise on lipstick…I need to find other things to think about!
Aidan has been wearing panties everyday to school since August or so. Starting a week or two ago, she started wearing panties on the weekend. Tonight is her first night to wear panties to bed.
Lately she’s been waking up and changing out of her wet pull-up and putting on panties. I told her teacher this and she told me that meant that she’s ready to sleep in panties. Her teacher said that she’ll get tired of being in wet panties, wet sheets, wet nightgown, etc. and learn to hold it. I’m thinking I’ll be washing a lot of sheets for the next couple of weeks. I went ahead and put her potty in her room in case she wakes up early and needs to go. Wish us luck!
Yesterday was my second weigh-in and I lost 3 more pounds (1.77%) for a total of 8 pounds gone so far (4.57%). Woo hoo! 🙂
Starting Weight: 175
Week 1: 170
Week 2: 167
Goal weight by 2/3: 157.5
I found out that I can workout at the Army Rec Center here on post for free! Yay! So, today I went and did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I even jogged part of the time, which, if you know me, I don’t normally do…my feeling towards any type of running has always been, I only run if someone is chasing me and even then it depends on what kind of weapon they have! Then I did 30 minutes on the bike. I’m thinking I might get a trainer for a few sessions so I can have some idea of what I should do. Today I just played it by ear but I’d really like to know what I should do to work off the fat and then tone the muscles underneath (ya know, since muscle burns more calories than fat).
And we have a winner!
The Naturalizer Artesia. Aidan and I were at the mall on Sunday to kill some time and we wandered into the Dillard’s shoe section and saw these shoes and then saw them that they were on SALE! Woo hoo! I tried them on and just loved them so home with me they went. 🙂 I’ve worn them to school the last 2 days and they’re extremely comfortable and cute to boot. Thanks for all the shoe input, y’all!
I had my first weigh-in on Thursday and lost 5 pounds (2.86%). Woo hoo! My goal is to lose 10% of my body weight by February 3. 12.5 to go! 🙂
I got a tad irritated yesterday. After work on Friday, I was too wiped out to cook so I decided to run by Burger King after picking up Aidan to get a grilled chicken sandwich. I got our dinner home, got Aidan’s all set up and sat down to eat mine and saw that even though the receipt said TenderGrill, I got a TenderCrisp. 16 freakin’ points. I’m glad I asked for no mayo, otherwise it would’ve been 20. Grrrrr…so, from now on, if I go through the drive-thru, I have to check my sandwich before I get home.
Aidan has been tagged by her cousin Norah (the new big sister) of The Robinson County Post to complete her very first meme–“8 Random Things About My Life”. If you know my child you know she LOVES to talk so it’ll probably be hard for her to keep it at 8.
Mommy says I’m supposed to tell you some random facts about myself. Ready, on your marks, get set, GO!
1. My favorite show is The Wiggles and my favorite Wiggles are Jeff (the purple one) and Murray (the red one). I get to watch The Wiggles when I’m eating dinner.
2. I love my school. My 2 best friends are named Emily. I learn about parts of my body, how to share, letters, numbers, colors and shapes and all that fun stuff.
3. Even though I was born in Texas, I’ve developed quite a Georgia/Southern accent that my mama thinks is cute. When I want something I say “I wont some!”
4. At night I pray for my daddy in Iraq and all of my family except I say “Glah bess” instead of “God bless”.
5. My favorite accessory right now is my pair of pink sunglasses. I wear them in the morning when I wake up because the light is just too bright.
6. I love to talk on the phone. I have 2 play cell phones, a play regular phone and I talk on Mommy’s cell phone. I especially love calling my Grandmommy and Papa and talking to them.
7. I give my stuffed animals unique names. My bears are named Ronnie and Homer and I have a doggie named Khaki.
8. My favorite things to eat are chicken, cheese, bananas and apples. I especially love strawberry milk and lemonade.