I have a raging sinus infection. My eyes have that burning, feverish feel and my face feels like it’s been hit with a hammer, so I’m not all that motivated to sew. So here I am, surfing around the blogs. I found this fun Christmas Meme on Artsy Momma’s blog and thought I’d play along too.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper all the way for gifts under the tree. For friends that you just meet up with for dinner or whatever, I prefer gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
I prefer a real tree but we didn’t put up a tree this year since we’ll be traveling.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Normally it’s the first weekend in December during the Army/Navy game.
4. When do you take the tree down?
If it were up to me, Christmas Day. There’s nothing sadder than a Christmas tree with nothing underneath it. But, we usually take it down on New Year’s Day.
5. Do you like eggnog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My French horn (I was 15, does that count as being a child?)
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
A small porcelain set that isn’t out this year due to some very active 2.5 year old hands.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Ryan, he’s a techie and very picky about what he likes.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom and Aidan
10. Mail or E-Mail Christmas Cards?
I used to do mail but since we’ve had Aidan, we don’t really get around to it anymore. I think the last set we did were her first Christmas.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
No idea. It’s the thought that counts.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
This year I started in September with the first book order that a teacher at my school did.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I plead the fifth.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Queso and crab dip
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night by either Josh Groban or Whitney Houston
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We’ll be going back home for Christmas. I can’t think of anything more depressing than to be here, just the two of us, during Christmas. I’d hitchhike back if I had to.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
Yep, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
I have a beautiful angel in an olive green dress that normally goes on my tree.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Traditionally, growing up we opened them on Christmas Eve but we’re going to start on Christmas Day this year.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
That it starts in July.
23. Favorite ornament theme or Color?
I like a folky looking tree. We also collect an ornament for each year since we’ve been married.
2003 – First Christmas Together
2004 – Parents-To-Be
2005 – Baby’s First Christmas
2006 – First Christmas at Fort Benning (it’s a house that says “Ft. Benning”)
2007 – “Support our Troops” Desert Camo Stocking (Our first Christmas with Ryan deployed)
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Our Christmas Eve tradition is sandwiches and chips and dip. We don’t have a traditional Christmas Day dinner…my brother and I don’t really like turkey.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Ryan home for good. But that’s not gonna happen. Crafty/sewing things mostly. An iTunes gift card, some books, etc. I’d LOVE a machine that will do monograms but I believe that’d be WAY out of my price range.
No tagging. Play along if you’d like!