I found this meme here where I share 7 random things about myself. Since I don’t have much to say lately with the end of school and Aidan’s birthday party both quickly approaching, I thought I’d go ahead and post this for fun.
1. I hate the State Farm commercial where a dad is putting a newborn to sleep and then the mother screams “What?!?” and the baby wakes up crying. I despise that commercial.
2. I cannot stand anything on sticky on my hands. I keep baby wipes and paper towels close at hand when I’m feeding my kids at school or Aidan at home because it makes me so crazy to have something on my hands. I’ve learned that that’s called “Tactile Aversion” in my SPED classes.
3. I love giving gifts. I love thinking out the exact right gift for someone and then seeing their face when they open it.
4. I grew up in Texas but never went to Mexico until I was 26, on my honeymoon.
5. I am a certified SCUBA diver. I absolutely love it but haven’t been in 3.5 years.
6. I enlisted in the National Guard when I was 19 and attended Army Basic training. I left because I never “soldierized.” A Drill Sergeant told me I walked in combat boots like I had on high heels.
7. As much as I love school and would love to be a professional student, I actually flunked out of college at the end of my sophomore year. I had to spend a semester at home and attend summer school to get my grades up. It was the best thing that ever happened to me and I’ve never failed another class. I finished my masters degree with only 1 B.