I saw this little meme over on Wise Craft. I’m altering mine a bit from hers because I don’t really frequent Flickr all that often.
Favorite Christmas Movie: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I LOVE the fit Clark throws when his boss cuts out the bonuses and gives him a Jelly of the Month club membership. I crack up laughing every time I see it.
Current Favorite Song: Bubbly by Colbie Caillat. This song just makes me happy when I hear it. Speaking of songs, I think it should be illegal to play “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”. ESPECIALLY the Josh Groban version that has soldiers sending messages home. At the end there’s a little girl talking to her deployed Daddy telling him that “Mommy, Bella and I are wrapping presents.” Our cat is named Bella. The first time I heard that I just sat and cried and cried.
Favorite Christmas Dessert: I have no idea what it’s called but I adore this dessert. Last time I had it was a bit of a disaster, though. My mom burnt the crust 3 times and then accidentally used banana pudding instead of vanilla. Hopefully it turns out better this year.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together flour and white sugar. Add chopped nuts, if desired. Stur in melteed butter or margarine until all ingredients are combined. Press mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Beat together cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
5. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Spread half of whipped cream over cream cheese layer. In a small bowl, whisk together chocolate pudding mix and 1 1/2 cups milk until smooth. Pour over whipped cream layer. In another small bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix and 1 1/2 cups milk. Pour over chocolate layer. Top with remaining whipped cream. Chill overnight.
I’m currently making eye/sleep masks but have sort of lost interest in them when I looked at them and noticed that they look a lot like maxi-pads, except pink and black. Maybe no one else will notice?
I’ve run out of wrapping paper and have NO urge to go out into the world tomorrow to get more. I’m taking what I have left to wrap to my mom’s and finish wrapping it all there.
Aidan is WAY into Chrismtas lights this year. This evening after she finished her dinner we went for a drive through post where the officers live to look at the lights. She LOVED seeing them and kept asking to see “just one more lights, Mama?” We saw some really pretty displays. I hate the inflatable things that are popular this year. So cheesy. We did a cute one of Santa in camouflage…only on an Army post!
I tag whoever wants to join in and share their own holiday tidbits.